- About Us
Recipe of the Month
Submitted by ryan on Thu, 2011-03-31 16:57
Each month, we feature a new recipe showcasing one or more of our products for you to enjoy in your own home.
Greenwheat Freekeh™ Vegetarian Meatballs
2 c. water
Salt, as needed
8 oz. Indian Harvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
2 T. olive oil
¼ c. chopped shallot
2 T. minced garlic
1½ t. dried oregano
1 t. kosher salt
½ c. chopped Italian parsley
1 c. grated Parmesan
1½ c. panko breadcrumbs
½ c. vegetable stock
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add Indian Harvest Greenwheat Freekeh™. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lay freekeh wheat out on a sheet pan. Chill immediately.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Sauté shallot and garlic. Stir in oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with chilled freekeh wheat. Mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Using a ¼-c. scoop, form 1½ oz. meatballs, compressing tightly.
- Bake until lightly browned.